In this episode, I interview Cory Underwood, one of the leading experts when it comes to browser techniques like Safari's Intelligent Tracking Prevention and it's impact on digital marketing and analytics.
Cory is an Analytics Engineer at Search Discovery and very active on LinkedIn, Twitter, and MeasureSlack where he shares his knowledge on these topics. You should also follow his blog cunderwood.dev for regular updates on these topics.
In this episode we discuss:
- We’ll cover the basics of browser technology like Safari’s Intelligent Tracking Prevention
- The changes that Google has announced for Google Chrome.
- The impact of Apples Tracking Transparency on iOS Tracking for Advertisers
- The importance of a first-party data strategy for advertisers that want to stay successful going forward
Some of the resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Cory's Blog https://cunderwood.dev
- WebKit's Intelligent Tracking Prevention
- Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection
- Microsoft's Edge Tracking Prevention
- Disconnect.me github list of trackers
- Google Chrome's FLoC
- Google Chrome's Topics
- Apple's Hide My Email functionality
- Apple's WebKit proposal for Link Click Attribution
- Apples App Tracking Transparency
- Impact of ATT on Advertising Business
- Google's Announcements of Android Playstore Measures like ATT
- Privacy Laws being rolled out in Unites States
- Impact of iCloud Private Relay on Marketing Tracking
Make sure you follow the show:
- Follow LifeAfterGDPR on Twitter and on LinkedIn
- Follow Rick Dronkers and Peter Šutarík on Twitter
- Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcast or Spotify or wherever you listen to podcasts by searching for "Life after GDPR"
If you want to help us out, please share the link to this episode page with anyone you think might be interested in learning about Digital Marketing in a Post-GDPR world.
Talk to you next week!