Episode #002 - Simo Ahava on Taking Control with Server-Side Tag Manager
Podcast with Simo Ahava about Server-Side Tag Manager and why it's imperative to have control to be GDPR compliant.
In this episode, I interview Simo Ahava, probably the most renowned Google Tag Manager specialist out there. You can follow Simo on Twitter and LinkedIn and read his writing on his blog. If you want to step your game up and learn all about Google Tag Manager, Server-Side Tag Manager, GA4 in BigQuery, and Web Browsers and Tracking Protections you should sign up for his courses.
In this episode we discuss:
- The difference between client-side and Server-Side Tag Manager
- Why Server-Side tag manager offers the control that is essential for GDPR compliance
- The power, and danger, of Conversion API's
- Why Google's Consent Mode might not solve what we would want it to solve
- The current situation with Google Analytics in Europe
- And much more...
Some of the resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Server-Side (Google) Tag Manager
- Google's Consent Mode
- Facebook Conversion API for Server-Side GTM
- Measure Slack - the analytics slack community
- Snowplow Analytics
Make sure you follow the show:
- Follow LifeAfterGDPR on Twitter
- Follow Rick Dronkers and Peter Šutarík on Twitter
- Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcast or Spotify
- Join the conversation in our LinkedIn Group
If you want to help us out, please share the link to this episode page with anyone you think might be interested in learning about Digital Marketing in a Post-GDPR world.
Talk to you next week!