Episode #001 - Aurélie Pols on the Google Analytics Rulings by European DPA's
In this episode, I interview Aurélie Pols, a Data Protection Officer with a background in Digital Analytics who knows all about the GDPR and it's impact on Digital Marketing.
In this episode, I interview Aurélie Pols, a Data Protection Officer with a background in Digital Analytics who knows all about the GDPR and its impact on Digital Marketing. You can follow Aurélie on Twitter and LinkedIn where she's always open to connect and discuss ideas!
In this episode we discuss:
- The recent rulings of European DPA's about Google Analytics
- The potential impact those rulings might have on cloud infrastructure
- The new approach of European DPA's to focus on users of the tool, instead of the creators
- The importance of interoperability (openDSR) between companies and the way they handle data requests
- Aurélie's thoughts on consent-less tracking and whether it is possible under the GDPR
- And much more...
Some of the resources mentioned in this podcast:
- The Austrian DPA's ruling on Google Analytics (Translated to English .PDF)
- Some deeper insights on the Austrian DPA's ruling
- The French DPA's ruling on Google Analytics
- The 101 complaints filed by "Non of Your Business"
- The French DPA's recommendations with regards to Web Analytics tools
- Measure Slack - the analytics slack community
- OpenDSR - An open-source framework for Data Subject Requests
Make sure you follow the show:
- Follow LifeAfterGDPR on Twitter
- Follow Rick Dronkers and Peter Šutarík on Twitter
- Subscribe to the show on Apple Podcast or Spotify
- Join the conversation in our LinkedIn Group
If you want to help us out, please share the link to this episode page with anyone you think might be interested in learning about Digital Marketing in a Post-GDPR world.
Talk to you next week!